Welcome to the Winter All Things Altered Blog Hop organized by Pam Bray of Scrapbook Flair! Head over to Pam's blog to see the complete list of designers.
- Gather matboard scraps in coordinating colors.
- Cut a stack of of 2 1/2"squares.
- Emboss each square by running through Big Shot die cut machine using Sizzix Textured Impression folders (I used folders that I designed :-)). Distress each square using a blending tool and brown ink, shading the edges darker and leaving the middle light.
- Cut matboard backing boards to fit each of the three shelves. Distress them with brown ink.
- Line up squares in alternating rows, staggering the positioning. Cut where needed to continue pattern from shelf to shelf.
- Use an ATG gun to adhere squares to backing board. Start with the middle row and work out to the sides. I added some thin matboard strips to each side to fill in extra space on the sides.
- Adhere mosaic panels to the back of the shelf using ATG gun.
This was a fun project- I always love rescuing a piece and giving it a second chance.
Head on over to Candice Windham's blog to continue the All Things Altered hop! Pam has a nice giveaway too so make sure to visit her